Machine Learning Researcher/Engineer – Drug Discovery and Synthetic Biology
We are a startup company that is building an AI platform to empower drug discovery and synthetic biology. Our team comes from global leading AI company, MNC pharmaceutical or chemical company and protein design laboratory, with robust experience in AI, drug discovery and chemical product synthesis.
Our team continually harnessing deep learning to (a) expand the therapeutic potential of biologics for immune-oncology and autoimmune disorders (b) design and optimize new enzymes to produce high-performance and low-cost biomedical materials or products.
- Remote work is acceptable
About You (Must have)
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in machine learning / AI related fields such as applied math, statistics, computer science, computational biology etc.
- Fluent coding in Python, experience using Python for data analysis and machine learning.
- Experience with deep learning models such as Transformer, CNN, RNN, GAN, Graph Neural nets. Experience with large language models or graph neural networks is a plus.
- Familiarity and working experience with Pytorch or Tensorflow, Pytorch is preferred.
- Strong interest and motivation to learn biology and domain knowledge for biological sequence modeling (e.g., protein sequence and DNA sequence).
- Strong cross-domain communication skills and collaborative attitude.
Nice to Have
- Experience in biological sequence analysis against public databases (e.g., UniProt, GENCODE, ExAC/GnomAD, UK Biobank, Protein Data Bank etc) and multiple sequence alignment
- Familiar with commonly used biological databases and bioinformatics software tools
- Knowledge and/or working experience in NGS (next generation sequencing), e.g., RNA-seq, CHIP-seq
- Working experience with CRISPR and NGS
- Knowledge and/or experience with deep mutational scanning
- Experience in applying ML/AI techniques to drug discovery
A Final Note
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with diverse backgrounds and skills