We are a startup company that is building an AI platform to empower drug discovery and synthetic biology.
– Remote work is acceptable
– B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in machine learning / AI related fields such as applied math, statistics, computer science, computational biology etc.
– Fluent coding in Python, experience using Python for data analysis and machine learning.
– Experience with deep learning models such as Transformer, CNN, RNN, GAN, Graph Neural nets. Experience with large language models or graph neural networks is a plus.
– Familiarity and working experience with pytorch or tensorflow, pytorch is preferred.
– Strong interest and motivation to pick up biology context and domain knowledge for biological sequence modeling (e.g., protein sequence and DNA sequence).
– Strong cross-domain communication skills and collaborative attitude.
Nice to Have
– Experience in biological sequence analysis against public databases (e.g., UniProt, GENCODE, ExAC/gnomAD, UK Biobank, Protein Data Bank etc) and multiple sequence alignment
– Familiarity with commonly used biological databases and bioinformatics software tools
– Knowledge and/or working experience in NGS (next generation sequencing), e.g., RNA-seq, CHIP-seq
– Working experience with CRISPR and NGS
– Knowledge and/or experience with deep mutational scanning
– Experience in applying ML/AI techniques to drug discovery
A Final Note
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds and skills.